Write about yourself (and your business) without cringing! [Darwin]
August 31 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm ACSTA$15.00
Why is it so awkward to write about yourself or your own business? Is it because we’re told all our lives to be humble, to blend in, to be modest? Or is it just because we’re a little bit too close to our own business to be truly objective about it? Or is it because we keep seeing and hearing ads that are so bad that we get scared away from ever trying to write
As a former radio and television copywriter and someone who writes tonnes of blogs and business descriptions on websites every year, Dante St James has learned a few tricks along the way that really help to un-cringe a process that can be very awkward!
In this workshop we’ll look at:
1. How to break down the writing process in to three simple steps
2. The cringiest kinds of sentences and how to avoid them
3. The “radio guy” habits we all have to break
4. How digital tools can help you stay on topic
5. How to write less, but say more
6. Writing for blogs, social media, ads and videos
This beginners workshop is hosted by Dante St James, Head of Digital Solutions at Treeti Business Consulting, and an Advisor and presenter for the ASBAS Digital Solutions program.
This workshop is for small businesses in the NT, WA and QLD with 0-19 employees. Not-for-Profit businesses are not eligible to attend this government subsidised workshop. Contact [email protected] for more information.