Build a free website in 1 hour with Google! [Darwin]
September 7 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm ACSTA$15.00
Websites are hard. And expensive. And every time someone says, “why don’t you build it yourself?” you want to curl up in a ball and mutter something like, “but I don’t want to know how to build websites.” Remember that time someone handed you WordPress and declare this to be the “easy way to build a website?” Yep. You’re not the only one that felt stupid that you couldn’t make any sense of it.
Google has a website product that has to be the easiest every way to build your own website. All because there’s only a few choices you have to make. Once you’ve decided what the look is, you just fill the gaps and add a domain name – or get a nerd to help you connect it. In fact, you’ll have built a website in as little as one hour IN THIS WORKSHOP. We kid you not.
In this workshop we’ll look at:
1. How to make a website in Google
2. How to make that website look good
3. Just how many pages you need to make a website worthwhile
4. Adding forms and other handy thigns to your website
By the end of the workshop you’ll have a website that you can either connect to a domain name yourself – or hadn to someone who can help you do that.
What you should bring:
1. The words, contact details and outlines of what you want on your pages
2. Any photos you want to add to your site (on a USB or on your computer)
3. Your computer! We’ll be building a website after all!
4. A Google account – you will need a free Google account to access this product
This beginners workshop is hosted by Dante St James, Head of Digital Solutions at Treeti Business Consulting, and an Advisor and presenter for the ASBAS Digital Solutions program.
This workshop is for small businesses in the NT, WA and QLD with 0-19 employees. Not-for-Profit businesses are not eligible to attend this government subsidised workshop. Contact [email protected] for more information.