[Darwin] Build your own WordPress Website Part 1
April 27 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pmA$15.00
Welcome to our ASBAS Digital Solutions workshops.
Workshops are being delivered through this Commonwealth Initiative all across the NT in 2019.
Follow our Event Brite and Facebook pages to stay up to date with new workshops offering training, coaching and information across all areas of key digital priorities: websites & selling online, social media and digital marketing, small business software and data privacy and cyber security.
This series is delivered by Dante St James from Clickstarter Australia
Saturday 27th April 2019, Workshop 4-Build your own WordPress Website – part 1
$16.50pp incl GST
10.30am – 12.30pm
Presented by Dante St James
Bring your device for real time action and gain practical experience.
It’s the world’s most popular way of building a website. But if you’ve never built a website before, it can feel quite overwhelming. In the first of this 2-part series, you will learn how to:
1. Buy a domain name and web hosting with a reputable company with good customer support at a reasonable price
2. How to install WordPress and configure it for your use
3. How to install the most important plugins and to protect your site, help it run fast and be listed on Google. (We’ll configure them later)
4. How to install the Divi theme (included with workshop cost), allowing you to quickly build attractive pages and content.
5. Build a Home Page, Services Page and Contact Page
6. Making sure that you have a place where all the information you need about your website hosting, domain and website access is secure and easy to find if you need to get help from someone with your site.
Note: There will be some small costs incurred with domain purchase and hosting separate from the workshop, so it’s suggested that attendees bring their credit card to make these purchases at the time so that can fully participate in the building process.
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Jobs and Small Business and the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Innovation and Science for program evaluation and reporting purposes and; they may be approached by a representative of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science to complete a survey on the services provided.
PLEASE NOTE: To register for this event you must be a business (0-19 employees) and provide your ABN.
PLEASE NOTE: During this event photographs or video may be taken. If you do not wish to be photographed or recorded please advise the presenter accordingly so that we may ensure your privacy is respected.
An ASBAS Digital Solutions workshop delivered by Treeti Business Consulting with special guest Dante St James